You may have already heard all the hype. You may have already seen some of the videos on the internet, or heard stories on the radio, but Cottage Computers wants to bring to you what we feel are the top 5 new features of the Apple iPhone 6.
- Size matters! Apple has responded to customer demand for a larger display area. The pixel resolution has always provided apple customers with a clear bright display of quality images, but you can see it better now on the physically larger phones. Apple released the iPhone 6 (5.44” x 2.64” x0.27”) with a 4.7” display, and the iPhone 6 Plus (6.22” x 3.06” x 0.28”) with a 5.56” display. The iPhone 6 Retina HD display has a 1334x750 pixel resolution at 326 ppi, 1400:1 contrast ratio. The iPhone 6 Plus Retina HD display has a 1920x1080 pixel resolution at 401 ppi, 1300:1 contrast ratio. Those are the specs. What does it mean? Beautiful, bright, clear pictures on larger display areas.
- Now you know there are two iPhone 6’s to choose from. Both now have curved edges and are thinner and lighter than their predecessors, at 4.55 ounces (129 grams), and 6.07 ounces (172 grams) respectively. Sleek design, comfortable to hold, stylish and available in 3 colours: Silver, Grey and Gold.
- Storage. As before, consumers cannot add additional memory to an iPhone device. Apple has done away with the 32GB, and offers both iPhone 6’s in 16 GB, 64 GB and 128 GB capacities. Hopefully, this should be more than enough storage to last you through until the next release of the product.
- Apple Pay. We knew it would come someday, and now it’s here. Apple pay replaces your wallet. No need to carry around your credit cards anymore. Apple pay lets you pay for your purchases simply by holding your phone close to a contactless reader while your finger is on the Touch ID. A subtle vibration and beep lets you know that your transaction was successful. There are already 220,000 stores ready to accept this form of payment, and Visa, MasterCard and American Express are all on-board. However, it may be a little while before you can use your major credit cards from Canadian banks. Presently, only Capital One and Citi credit cards can be added to Apple Pay, but it won’t be long before all of our Canadian bank credit cards can be added.
- A bigger, longer lasting battery. Apple says their new iPhone 6’s will last 25% longer than the iPhone 5S. This is also due to increased performance with a faster processor and improved graphics.
Would you like to compare the iPhone 5S and 5C to the latest release of iPhone 6 and 6 Plus? Click this link! http://www.apple.com/iphone/compare/ .